The 6th and final Chamber on Tap event of 2023, sponsored by Battleford Furniture will be held Thursday November 30th, 2023 at Discovery Co-op Cafe. (5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
We are thrilled to announce that our guest that evening will be: Candace Laing, Chair of the Board, Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
Candace is an executive leader with deep expertise in organizational development, with a career that has spanned both private and public-sector organizations and academia, with a focus on strategic business initiatives that create long-term value and high-performance cultures.
Candace is a Chartered Professional in HR, and a Fellow of the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources (FCPHR) designation (previously CPHR), with two decades of business experience, and holds a bachelor of commerce degree as well as a master of arts in leadership. Candace is passionate about Canadian business and ensuring healthy organizations support a strong economy that can serve societal needs. She is proud to have grown up in Saskatchewan where she currently lives and where her family farms.
"It is a time of great uncertainty for Canadian businesses and Canadians across the country. Many of the economic and social challenges that we faced during and immediately after the pandemic persist, and we continue to face an urgent need to achieve our global net-zero ambitions. The business community will help us achieve those ambitions through ingenuity and innovation, while serving as the backbone of communities across the country. I am thrilled to continue working with Canadian Chamber of Commerce and its national network of chambers of commerce and boards of trade to catalyze business success and ensure prosperity for all Canadians."
- Candace worked for more than 10 years with Nutrien, leading both the sustainability and human resources functions and serving as a member of the executive leadership team.
- Over the course of her tenure with Nutrien, Candace managed the organization’s talent development efforts and served on the core integration team that brought together two legacy Canadian companies to form Nutrien.
- She played a pivotal role in launching Nutrien’s environment, social and governance efforts, introducing a new governance structure and leading the organization to improved ESG performance.
- Additionally, she led the development and launch of Nutrien’s sustainability strategy and Feeding the Future plan, an ambitious roadmap to meet Nutrien’s 2030 sustainability commitments. Candace’s leadership and most recent role as the organization’s Chief Human Resources Officer allowed Nutrien to advance the HR function, ensuring people strategies and initiatives were aligned with business strategy.
- Candace began her second term as Chair during the Canadian Chamber’s Annual General Meeting and Convention, which is being held at the Hyatt Regency in Calgary, Alberta, from October 12-14, 2023.
Join us November 30th to meet and hear from Candace. Tickets are available by calling the Chamber office at (306)445-6226, or registering online.
Bring a donation to the Food Bank, and your entry ticket will be free of charge.